- For the protection of metal surfaced in most severe environments. Designed to be applied over wire brushed surfaces in exposed, underground and underwater applications.
- Surface preparation: Remove all contaminants such as dirt, oil, scale and excessive moisture. Remove all loose rust, paint and other residue by hand or power tool in accordance with AS 1627-1977 or AS 1627, part 2- 1975.
- All surfaces should be coated with Petro Primer Paste to fill any hollow or surface irregularity and to ensure good contact of the tape.
- Should be spiral wrapped using a 15mm overlap.
- For buried applications, 55% should be used to ensure a double layer.
- When pipe is vertical, wrapping should begin at the bottom.
- When applying the tape, all overlaps should be smoothed by hand.
- A 50mm roll to roll overlap should be used when starting a new roll.