- Valve has a reduced port brass ball valves with FNPT ends, a blow-out proof stem and a chrome-plated brass ball and ISO 5211 mounting pad
- Valve has PTFE seats with O-ring backing for the low operating torque and PTFE seats and double O-ring stem packing.
- Rack and Pinion actuator has a hard anodized aluminum body, nickel plated anti-blowout pinion, Buna-N O-rings and NAMUR mounting.
- Actuator is tested to one million cycles and it features bi-directional stops for ±5° travel adjustment and visual position indications.
- 80 PSI plant air is required
- For spring return actuators must note fail position
- A wide variety of options are available: spring return (normally closed) and double acting actuators, switches, solenoids, positioners, etc.
- A flow path needs to be selected at the time of order.
- Customer verification is critical. If flow path needs to be changed after being shipped labor and shipping charges will apply.
- Even though there are torque safety factors built into our automated ball valve packages, actual service conditions must also be considered when selecting the proper product for the appropriate application.
- Severe service conditions such as dirty water, dirty air, all slurries, raw sewage water, oils, and other viscous fluids can have a dramatic affect in raising the torque requirements of ball valves as much as 75% and therefore larger actuators may be required. Please consult Dixon when dealing with these types of applications.